THE ROLE OF DIGITAL SURROUND SCAN IN THE PREPARATION OF THE ABUTMENT TEETH FOR PROSTHESIS BY FIXED PROSTHETIC CONSTRUCTIONS
About the author:
Gasiuk P. A., Radchuk V. B.
Type of article:
In prosthetic dentistry developed many different methods of preparation of teeth for metal ceramic prosthesis design, but not taken into account the state of the pulp in response to the preparation, with the result that no substantiated medical tactics to maintain or extirpation of the pulp of the abutment teeth. In order to study the functional state of the abutment teeth, a number of studies, which resulted in the conclusion of the preliminary unjustified depulpation abutment teeth for the manufacture of metal-ceramic dentures. To identify morphological changes of hard tissues studied vital teeth for various types of odontopreparation for full metal-ceramic crowns, it was studied 6 premolars upper and lower jaws in patients aged 18 to 29 years. The material was divided into two uniform research groups. As a control group were taken the average data rate of morphological and functional characteristics of the pulp and dentin of the teeth corresponding functional group. Each patient studies were conducted on the same teeth of one jaw from different sides. In the first study group included cases where odontopreparation premolars was carried out with the creation of the classic rounded sloping shoulder in the cervical area, the second group – the cases in which odontopreparation crowns premolars performed with maximum preservation of the cervical portion of the crown (a symbol of the ledge). In order to improve the accuracy of preparation depth study teeth stump it was used technology of digital surround scanning system CAD/CAM – Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing. We produce collapsible plaster models for each clinical case and scanned the system CAD – volume digital scanner «Arcad Premium» on the unit «CAD/CAM ARCADIA». With the help of this technology on the 3D model to determine the exact depth of the preparation of the stump. By digital surround scan of gypsum models of the first experimental group the prepared teeth is confirmed that the average depth of preparation in classic rounded sloping ledge of 0.6-1.0 mm in various clinical situations. In order to determine the depth of the preparation of dental hard tissues to create the classic beveled rounded shoulder in the cervical area, the system CAD – digital volume scanner «Arcad Premium» on the unit «CAD/CAM ARCADIA» was modeled artificial crown and obtain data on its thickness in the area of the shoulder that is 0.845 mm in the clinical case. The second observation group included cases in which odontopreparation a full metal-ceramic crowns was carried out with maximum preservation of solid tissues of the cervical portion of the crown of the tooth – forming ledge character. To determine the depth preparation of dental hard tissues when creating character ledge in the cervical area, as in the previous case was manufactured modeled artificial crown, and the data obtained in the thickness of the ledge, which is 0.319 mm in the clinical case. Summing up and analyzing the results of research, it can be concluded that the research method of digital surround scan to identify and check the depth of the preparation studied dental orthopedist beginners can more accurately and carefully approach the issue of rationality depth odontopreparation for fixed prosthetic designs.
prosthetics, CAD/CAM, the cervical ledge, artificial crown
- 1. Гасюк П.А. Влияние одонтопрепарирования под несъемные ортопедические конструкции на пульпу зуба с позиции морфологии / П.А. Гасюк, В.Б. Радчук, П.П. Брехличук, Д.В. Калашников, С.Г. Зубченко // Математическая морфология. Электронный математический и медико-биологический журнал. – 2015. – Т. 14, № 4.
- 2. Гасюк П.А. Методика цифрового объёмного сканирования культи зуба путём применения Сomputer Aided Design-технологии / П.А. Гасюк, В.Б. Радчук, Д.В. Калашников, С.Г. Зубченко // Математическая морфология. Электронный математический и медико-биологический журнал. – 2015. – Т. 14, № 2.
- 3. Кунин В.А. О целесообразности депульпирования зубов в стоматологической ортопедической практике / В.А. Кунин // Дентал Юг. − 2008. − № 4. − С. 22-23.
- 4. Davidovich G. The use of CAD/CAM in dentistry / G. Davidovich, P.G. Kotick // Dental clinics of North America. − 2011. – Vol. 55. − № 3. − P. 559-570.
- 5. Gasiuk P.A. The influence of orthodontics preparation for the unfixed orthodontic constructions on the tooth pulp from the point of view of morphology / P.A. Gasiuk, V.B. Radchuk, P.P. Brekhlichuk, D.V. Kalashnikov, S. G. Zubchenko // Intermedical journal. – 2015. – Vol. III (5). – P. 39-43.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 part 1 (128), 2016 year, 171-173 pages, index UDK 611.36-08.24:48