CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS OF ORAL CAVITY WASH-OUT IN PATIENTS WITH IMPLANT-SUPPORTED DENTURES
About the author:
Korol D., Korol M., Kozak R., Kalashnikov D., Zubchenko S.
Type of article:
Rapid advances in high-tech diagnostic methods and techniques used in modern dentistry as well as the need in introduction of highly informative noninvasive approaches to the determination of patients’ oral cavity hygiene state cause the actuality of the presented research. Modern dentistry is actively involving simple and quick methods, which both provide obtaining highly precise data and enable their computer processing, into diagnostic procedures. Crystallography belongs to laboratory methods of such group. Prospectives of its application in dentistry were settled in the 1980s. However, the impossibility of contrasting morphologic peculiarities of the given crystallographic pattern with pathological processes of oral cavity and human body prevented the maximum efficient uses of this method during a long period of time. In addition, crystallography results are highly affected by such external factors as the drop size, environmental air temperature, conditions of drop drying up etc. So the variety of crystallographic methods was the main obstacle to objective comparison. The authors of the given research aimed at the studies of the peculiarities of crystallographic pattern at the solid phase of oral cavity wash-out. Washes-out were obtained by active rinsing oral cavity with an isotonic solution NaCl during 10 seconds. After spitting the liquid into sterile test-tube the material was immediately sampled with the help of disposable syringe and transferred with three drops into the object-plate. Drop diameter was equal to 10 mm. Since the wash-out material contained salt solution this research option can be considered a tesiographic one. Pattern drying up was conducted by wedge-shaped dehydration in a closed box with air ingress possibility at 19–21°C. Pattern solid phase was studied with the use of biological microscope Levenhuk under X4 microscopy. Slide mounts were obtained by direct wedge-shaped dehydration. Image data from light microscope were transmitted to PC and processed by software package ImageJ. The value of the fractal structure of protein nature compared to the total image area was received with the help of macro command of this sotware. The mean value of protein fractal area in control group was 55.22. The mean value in confidence interval 95% ranged from 54.24 to 57.41. Median of this value was equal to 55.88. Whereas the mean value of protein fractal area in test group was fixed at 67.58 with the median of this index equal to 69.20. While the mean value of the protein fractal area in confidence interval 95% ranged from 65.81 to 69.35. Detailed statistic analysis proved different proportion of protein fractal areas in control and test groups. The authors have found that in the group of the patients using fixed implant-supported dentures the mean value of this area made up 67.58% (St.Err.Mean = 0.855), that is by 11.76% higher than in the control group. The received results provide the evidence of the objective worsening of general oral hygiene in the group of the patients using fixed implant-supported dentures.
hygiene, biofilm, intraosteal implants, crystallography
- 1. Бузоверя М.Э. Математический анализ структур твердой фазы биологических жидкостей / М.Э. Бузоверя, В.Л. Сельченков, Н.И. Сельченкова [и др.] // Альманах «Геронтология и гериатрия». – Вып. 1. – М., 2001. – С. 55-60.
- 2. Булкина Н.В. Кристаллографическая картина десневой жидкости в норме и при воспалительных заболеваниях пародонта / Н.В. Булкина, Г.Е. Брилль, В.Т. Поделинская //Стоматология. – 2012. – № 4. – C. 16-19.
- 3. Король Д.М. Фрактальность кристаллографических изображений нативной ротовой жидкости / Д.М. Король, Р.В. Козак, Ю.Л. Коробейникова // Приволжский научный вестник. – 2014. — № 12-1(40). — С. 136-139.
- 4. Король Д.М. Морфометрические показатели кристаллографии ротовой жидкости у пациентов молодого возраста / Д.М. Король, Д.Д. Киндий // Современная медицина: актуальные вопросы / Сб. ст. по материалам XXXV — XXXVІ междунар. науч.-практ. конф. № 9-10 (35). Новосибирск: Изд. «СибАК», 2014. – С. 13-19.
- 5. Тарасевич Ю.Ю. Качественный анализ закономерностей высыхания капли многокомпонентного раствора на твердой подложке / Ю.Ю. Тарасевич, Д.М. Православнова // Журнал технической физики. – 2007. – Т. 77, вып. 2. – С. 17-21.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 part 1 (128), 2016 year, 209-213 pages, index UDK 616.311-089.165.4:616.314-089.23:616.314-089.843