TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF INFLAMMATORY DISEASES OF PERIODONTAL DRUGS BASED ON HYALURONIC ACID
About the author:
Alieva L. A.
Type of article:
The advantage of preparations based on hyaluronic acid is the presence of high viscosity, a specific ability to stabilize the intercellular substance and the ability to protect periodontal tissues from the penetration of various infections and toxic substances. Objective. To determine the dynamics of changes in the clinical and laboratory parameters of periodontal disease before, during and after treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases using hyaluronic acid. Object and research methods. The subject of the study was to determine the effectiveness of various traditional and new drugs in the treatment of patients with mild gingivitis and periodontitis, diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Depending on the method of complex treatment, patients were divided into 3 groups. The local treatment in the control group – 12, included the removal of dental deposits, closed curettage as part of individual oral hygiene. In the second group, comparison group – 11, a traditional antiseptic was used, all patients underwent scaler removal of the tartar and irrigation of the gums with a 0.05% chlorhexidine solution, and in the third main group – 13, hyaluronic acid was additionally included in the complex of therapeutic measures for 20 minutes daily for 14 days. The state of local immunity was evaluated by the content of immunoglobulins S-IgA, IgA, IgG in the patient’s oral fluid using the method of simple radial immunodiffusion in agar. The survey included: determination of the PHP index and the gingivitis index GI. Evaluated before and immediately after completion of the course of therapy and after 1 and 3 months. Research results. In the control group, where antiseptic agents were not additionally used, the obtained results still reflected the presence of unsatisfactory hygiene of periodontal tissues. The number of positive results in the subsequent stages of clinical observations continued to grow in the first group, where hyalouranic acid was additionally used. The SBI gingival sulcus hemorrhage index values in this group were the lowest after treatment and remained stable for 1, 3, 6 months compared with other groups. At the final stage, the index values in the main group were 9.2 ± 0.99%, while in the control group the indicators were fixed at 20.8 ± 1.35% (p <0.001). In the main group, after the therapy, the pH index by the end of the study decreases by almost 2.2 times, from 2.58 ± 0.077 to 1.18 ± 0.044 points (p <0.001). The values of the indices of the effectiveness of oral hygiene in patients of the control group at the initial and final examination were from 2.65 ± 0.052 to 1.79 ± 0.071 points, respectively, that is, the indicators were significantly higher. The results of a study of humoral immunity made it possible to establish that in patients of the first group, where hyaluronic acid group preparations were used for complex treatment, normaliza-tion of the content of S-IgA of the oral fluid was almost normal to the physiological norm (0.51 ± 0.019 mg/l). In patients of other groups, the normalization of the state of local immune status occurred relatively less pronounced and at a slower pace. Conclusions. The hygienic state of local oral immunity in patients with hypothyroidism during the entire observation period after treatment remained more stable in the main group.
periodontitis, hypothyroidism, indices, microbes, hyalouranic acid.
- Zorina OA, Ajmadinova NK, Rebrikov DV. Gendernyj analiz mikrobioma parodontal’nyh karmanov u pacientov s hronicheskim generalizovannym parodontitom. Rossijskij stomatologicheskij zhurnal. 2016;20(1):19-22. [in Russian].
- Carev VN, Atrushkevich VG, Galieva DT, Shkol’naja KD. Mikrobnyj pejzazh soderzhimogo parodontal’nyh karmanov i kornevyh kanalov u pacientov s jendodonto-parodontal’nymi porazhenijami IV klassa. Parodontologija. 2016;21(1):13-7. [in Russian].
- Keestra JA, Grosjean I, Coucke W, Quirynen M, Teughels W. Non-surgical periodontal therapy with systemic antibiotics in patients with untreated aggressive periodontitis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J. Periodontal Res. 2015;50:689-706.
- Lasserre JF, Toma S, Bourgeois T, Khatmaoui H, Marichal E, Brecx MC. Influence of low direct electric currents and chlorhexidine upon human dental biofilms. Clin. Exp. Dent. Res. 2016;2:146-54.
- Bulgakova AI. Kliniko-mikrobiologicheskoe obosnovanie kompleksnogo lechenija bol’nyh parodontitom so srednej i tjazheloj stepeni tjazhesti s uchetom molekuljarno-geneticheskoj harakteristiki mikrobioty polosti rta. Parodontologija. 2017;22(1):70-3. [in Russian].
- Orehova LJu. Rezul’taty klinicheskih issledovanij po ocenke jeffektivnosti lechebno-profilakticheskih programm s zubnymi pastami i stomatologicheskimi geljami u pacientov s zabolevanijami parodonta. Parodontologija. 2017;22(1):27-30. [in Russian].
- Cepov LM. Vozmozhnosti lechenija bol’nyh hronicheskim generalizovannym parodontitom v sovremennyh uslovijah. Parodontologija. 2017;22(2):40-6. [in Russian].
- Satygo EA, Shevchenko LM, Vasil’eva NV, Rahmatullin RR. Ocenka jeffektivnosti primenenija v stomatologii bal’zama opolaskivatelja na osnove gialuronovoj kisloty u kurjashhih pacientov. Parodontologija. 2016;21(4):40-3. [in Russian].
- Sojher MI. Klinicheskie aspekty ispol’zovanija gialuronovoj kisloty v kompleksnom lechenii vospalitel’nyh zabolevanij parodonta. Rossijskij stomatologicheskij zhurnal. 2016;20(3):146-50. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (155), 2020 year, 347-351 pages, index UDK 616.314.17-002