COMPLEX HYPOLIPIDEMIC THERAPY OF PATIENTS WITH NON-ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS AND FAMILIAL HYPERCHOLESTEREMIA
About the author:
Yakimenko O., Maznichenko Ie.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Hypercholesterolemia is a major risk factor for the development of CVD and NASH, the presence of such comorbid pathology contributes to the early manifestation of cardiovascular accidents. The aim of the study was to increase the effectiveness of treatment of NASH with HHC through a comprehensive examination of patients and the development of personalized lipid-lowering therapy. Object and methods. A comprehensive examination of 73 (n = 73) patients was carried out and groups of patients matched by age and sex were selected: I - received therapy with rosuvastatin 20 mg/day (n = 17); II - rosuvastatin 20 mg/day and omega-3 PUFA “Epadol-neo” (n = 27); III - rosuvastatin 20 mg/day and hepatoprotector “Gepadif” (n = 29); the control group consisted of practically healthy individuals (n = 10). Evaluation of the effectiveness was carried out on the 45th and 90th days of therapy by clinical, laboratory and instrumental methods of investigation. Results. In the first group, the AC level decreased by 29% (p = 0.037), but did not reach the target levels, the activity of hepatic enzymes was 40% higher than reference indices (p = 0.023). In II, AC decreased by 33% (p = 0.013) compared with the initial data, the activity of liver enzymes remained higher than the reference values. In the third group, a significant decrease in the level of LDL by 65% (p = 0.0001), an increase in HDL by 50%, a decrease in the activity of hepatic transaminases and echogenicity of the liver tissue, according to an ultrasound scan, was found. Findings. Comprehensive lipid-lowering therapy, with the addition of the hepatoprotector Gepadif, reliably led to the achievement of target LDL levels (p = 0.001) and decreased liver enzyme activity - ALT by 66%, AST by 46% (p = 0.001) and was accompanied by a decrease in asthenic, dyspeptic syndromes, a decrease in echogenicity, liver tissue according to ultrasound data, which makes it possible to consider this treatment as the therapy of choice in patients with NASH with GHSS.
dyslipidemia, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, hepatoprotector.
- Klosiewicz-Latoszek L, Cybulska B, Bialobreska-Paluszkiewicz J, Jagielska A, Janowska J, Danowska D, et al. Clinical management of heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia in a Polish outpatient metabolic clinic: a retrospective observational study. Arch. Med. Sci. 2018 Aug;14(5):962- 70. DOI: 10.5114/aoms.2017.71855
- Catapano AL, Graham I, De Backer G, Wiklund O, Chapman MJ. 2016 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidemias / Developed with the special contribution of the European Assocciation for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR). Russ. J. Cardiol. 2017;5(145):7-77.
- Mitchenko OI, Lutay MI. Dislipidemiyi: diagnostica, profilactikka ta likuvannia. Metodychni rekomendatsiyi Asotsiatsiyi kardiolohiv Ukrayiny. Kyiv: 2011. 40 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Labrecque D, Abbas Z, Anania F, Ferenci P, Ghatoor Khan A, Got KL, et al. WGO Global Guidelines NAFLD/NASH (long version). 2012. 32 p.
- Yan JH, Guang BJ, Gao HY, Peng XE. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018 Sep;97(37):e12271. DOI: 10.1097/MD.0000000000012271
- Watts GF, Gidding S, Wierzbicki AS, Both PP, Alonso R, Brown WV, et al. Integrated guidance on the care of familial hypercholesterolemia from the International FH Foundation. Int J Cardiol. 2014 Feb:171(3):309-25. DOI: 10.1016/j.icard.2013.11.025
- Hobzey MK, Harchenko NV, Lishina OM, Anohina GA, Babak OY, Dorofeev AE, ta in. Unificovaniy clinichniy protocol «Nealcoholniy steaohepatit». Nakaz MOZ Ukraini № 826, 06.11.2014. Dostupno: http://mtd.dec.gov.ua/images/dodatki/2014_826Gepatyty/2014_826_YKPMD_NSTPT.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Zaichenko OYe. Therapeutic targets in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Modern Gastroenerol. 2014:1(75):130-8.
- Alexander M, Loomis AK, Fairburn-Beech J, van der Lei J, Duarte-Salles T, Prieto-Alhambra D, et al. Real-world data reveals a diagnostic gap in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. BMC Med. 2018 Aug;13;16(1):130. DOI: 10.1186/s12916-018-1103-x
- Donald M. Lloyd-Jones, Morris PB, Ballantyne CM, Kim K. Birtcher, Daly DD, Depalma SM, et al. 2017 Focused update of the 2016 ACC expert consensus decision pathway on the role of non-statin therapies for LDL-cholesterol lowering in the management of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology task force on expert consensus decision pathways. J. of Amer. College of Cardiol. 2017;70(14):1785-822.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (149), 2019 year, 207-211 pages, index UDK 616.36-002-003.826-06 : 616.153.922]-085.272.4