USE OF THE OSTEOPLASTIC ХENOGRAFT MATERIAL FOR ATROPHY OF THE ALVEOLAR BONE UPPER AND LOWER JAWS IN COMBINATION WITH THE OSEIN-HYDROXYAPATITE COMPOUND
About the author:
Solodzhuk Yu. I., Rozhko M. M., Denysenko O. H., Yarmoshuk I. R.
METHODS AND METHODOLOGIES
Type of article:
An important component for ensuring the successful orthopedic treatment of patients is the presence of sufficient height and width of the bone tissue of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and the part of the mandible. Very often, after loss of teeth, patients experience loss of bone tissue, which progresses with time and may lead to complicated anatomical conditions for dental treatment. The atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and the part of the lower jaw is a natural process that occurs as a result of the teeth loss, and as a result of lack of loading. Objective: to evaluate the state of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and alveolar part of the lower jaw according to clinical and roentgenological data in postmenopausal women before and after the surgical treatment using osteoplastic material of animal origin and the ossein-hydroxyapatite compound. Object and methods of study. There were performed 57 surgical interventions because of the atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and the part of the mandible. Prior to surgical intervention, the patients were divided into 3 groups: group I – 19 patients with atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and part of the mandible with osteopenia, with reduced bone tissue density, who were performed the surgical treatment of the bone tissue atrophy using the method developed by us; group ІІ – 19 patients with atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and part of the mandible with osteopenia, with reduced bone tissue density, who were performed the surgical treatment of the bone marrowatrophy using osteoplastic material of animal origin; group IІІ – 19 patients with atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and part of the lower jaw with bone tissue density parameters within the normal limits, who were performed surgical treatment of atrophy of jaw bone tissue using osteoplastic material of animal origin. Results: in the examination of patients of group I, whose average age was 51.6 ± 1.6 years, surgical treatment was performed according to the method offered by us and the administration of the osein-hydroxyapatite compound. The sutures were removed during the 12th day after the surgical intervention. Postoperative wound healing occured due to the initial tension. According to the computer tomography data, a preserved of height and width of bone tissue was observed, which in future allowed creating sufficient conditions for orthopedic treatment. In the examination of patients of the group II, whose average age was 52.9 ± 1.1 years, the sutures were removed during the 12th day after surgical treatment, the healing of the postoperative wound occured due to the initial tension. According to the computer tomography data, a preserved of the height and width of bone tissue in 17 patients was observed; there was no healing of a postoperative wound in 3 patients, its infection and subsequent rejection of bone material due to non-compliance with the recommendations. In the examination of patients of the group III, whose average age was 51.6 ± 1.3 years, after the treatment the sutures were removed during the 12th day after the surgical treatment, the healing of the postoperative wound occurred due to the initial tension. According to the computer tomography data, there was a preserved in the volume of bone tissue in 16 patients, in 4 patients there was no healing of the postoperative wound; its infection and subsequent rejection of bone material occurred due to non-compliance with the recommendations of the physician in the postoperative period. Conclusions. Thus, on the basis of the obtained clinical results and the results of the X-ray examination, we can consider that the technique of surgical treatment of atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw and the part of the mandible using the bone material of animal origin in combination with the ossein-hydroxyapatite compound, allows us to intensify the processes of bone tissue regeneration, which further increases the volume of bone tissue and further restoration of the masticatory function.
atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper jaw, atrophy of the alveolar part of the mandible, surgical treatment atrophy of jaws.
- Meloni SM, Sascha J, Urban I. Horizontal ridge augmentation using GBR with a native collagen membrane and 1:1 ratio of particulated xenograft and autologus bone: a 1-year prospective clinical study. Clinical implant dentistry. 2016;23(2):2-8.
- Kuri F, Hanzer T, Kuri CH. Regenerativnyie metodyi v implantologii. Moskva; 2013. s. 78-80. [in Russian].
- Babak AA, Ehsan M, Maryam SM. Histologic, histomorphometric, and radiographic comparison between two complexes of CenoBoen. Ceno Membrane and Bio-Oss/Bio-Gide in lateral ridge augmentation: a clinical trial. Dental Research Journal. 2016;1:446-53.
- Reham AL Jasser, Andreana S. An overview of bone augmentation techniques. Clinical case reports and reviews. 2016;3:393-8.
- Rybakov IO. Metodyky auhmentatsii alveoliarnykh vidrostkiv shchelep. Implantolohiia. Parodontolohiia. Osteolohiia. 2014;4:44-8. [in Ukrainian].
- Wang HL, Al-Shammari K. HVC Ridge deficiency classification: a therapeutically oriented classification. Int J. Period Rest Dent. 2002;22:335-43.
- Yamurkova NF. Optimizatsiya hirurgicheskogo lecheniya pri vyirajenoy atrofii alveolyarnogo otrostka verhnіy chelyusti i alveolyarnoy chasti nijnіy chelyusti pered dentalnoy implantatsiey [avtoreferat]. Nijniy Novgorod; 2015. 24 s. [in Russian].
- Fabbro MD, Corbella S, Weinstein T, Ceresoli V, Taschieri S. Implant survival rates after osteotome-mediated maxillary sinus augmentation: a systematic review. Clin implant Dent Relat Res. 2012;14(1):159-68.
- Filho Ribeiro SA, Francischone CE, Barone A. Bone augmentation of the atrophic anterior maxilla for dental implants using rhBP-2 and titanium mesh: histological and tomographic analysis. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015;2:3-11.
- Boyko EM, Dolgalev AA, Zelenskiy VA. Maloinvazivnyiy metod napravlennoy kostnoy regeneratsii pri atrofii alveolyarnogo grebnya. Meditsinskiy alfavit. 2017;1:5-9. [in Russian].
- Sheikin Z, Sima C, Glogauer M. Bone replacement materials and techniques used for achieving vertical alveolar bone augmentation. Materials. 2015;8:2954-9.
- Marcus OK, Bilal AN. For which clinical indications in dental implantology is the use of bone substitute materials scientifically substainated? Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011;2:11-29.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (149), 2019 year, 254-258 pages, index UDK 616.314-07+616.314-085+616-007.23+616.716+618.173