THE DYNAMICS OF BIOCHEMICAL INDICES OF THE ORAL FLUID AS A MARKER OF DIFFERENT COURSES OF THE PERIODONTAL TISSUE DISEASES IN PERSONS WHO WERE BORN MACROSOMIC
About the author:
Garmash O. V.
Type of article:
In the present study, all persons whose dental status was evaluated were randomized by age and by the dependence on the V. I. Grischenko harmonic coefficient. Such a distribution was primarily caused by the prenatal features of the course of metabolic processes and by the dependence of the patterns of metabolic processes on the hormonal background (in particular, the prenatal development of subgroup I and subgroup II persons occurred under conditions of high levels of growth hormone and the lack of cortisol; subgroup III individuals occurred under relatively high levels of growth hormone and cortisol; and subgroup IV individuals occurred against the background of elevated cortisol levels and relative lack of growth hormone. The aim is to reveal the relationship between the dynamics of levels of the immunoglobulin G (IgG) and the immunoglobulin M (IgM), secretory immunoglobulin A (sIgA), interleukin-1β (IL-1β), interleukin-10 (IL-10), as well as the activity the alanine aminotransferase (AlAt) and the aspartate aminotransferase (AsAt), and total oxyproline in an unstimulated oral fluid in persons born macrosomic (given their anthropometric parameters at birth) / normosomic and different courses of the periodontal tissue diseases in the Kharkiv and adjacent provinces population. Object and methods. One hundred fifty one macrosomic-at-birth person аnd fifty one normosomic-at-birth persons of different gender and age (from 11- to 55-year-old) were examined. An unstimulated oral fluid was collected on an empty stomach between 8 and 9 o’clock in the morning. The activity of the AlAt and AsAt was determined using the «ALT-kin. SPL» and «AST-kin kits. SPL» SpineLab LLC (Kharkiv, Ukraine). The level of the IgG and the IgM in the oral fluid was determined by turbidimetric method. The concentration of the sIgA by IFM using the Secretory IgA-IFA reagents manufactured by the Hema (RF) Company. The contents of IL-1β and IL-10 were determined by IFM using the Vector Best, RF, standard reagent kits. The content of total oxyproline was determined by employing the Krel – Furtseva method. Conclusions. 1. We have revealed that the subgroup I and II persons have a tendency to increase the activity of AlAt and AsAt over all age periods, and these changes become significant especially in patients who are 18 years of age or older, which indicates the intensification of cytological processes apparently due to the destruction of periodontal tissues. At the same time, the subgroup IV persons show a slight, over most of age periods unreliable, increase in the activity of aminotransferases, which may, in our opinion, be associated with high levels of cortisol. 2. The subgroup 1 and 2 persons over the older age periods had a violation of the cytokine profile of the oral cavity, in particular, there was a significant, more than twofold increase in the level of proinflammatory IL-1-beta and clearly observed tendency to decrease the anti-inflammatory IL 10. The elderly people in subgroup IV also had a tendency to increase the level of IL-1-beta, which confirmed our assumption that they had metabolic inflammation. 3. The development of immunological disorders in the subgroup 1 and 2 persons was confirmed by a significant increase in the level of sIgA in the persons of almost all ages, but with varying degrees of severity, apparently as a compensatory mechanism for the response of local immunity to the presence of pathogenic microorganisms. In the subgroup 3 and 4 persons, on the contrary, there was a significant decrease in the level of sIgA and IgM over the majority of age periods, which resulted in the suppression of local immunity and in a decrease in anti-carious immunity. 4. In the subgroup I and II persons, the level of oxyproline in the oral fluid testified to the suppressed formation of connective tissue structures, and indicated the activation of collagen synthesis, as an adaptation to inflammation in patients who were 18 years of age or older, and an intensification of collagen degradation after 25 years of age, which, in our opinion, is related to a physiological decrease in the growth hormone production. In the subgroup III and IV individuals, on the contrary, the concentration of oxyproline increased with age, which is especially pronounced in subgroup 4, and which was due to an increase of metabolic inflammation.
fetal macrosomia, long-term effects, periodontal disease, oral fluid, biochemical markers.
- Al-Rassam ZT, Taha MYM. Serum cytokines profiles and some salivary parameters in chronic periodontitis patients in Mosul–Iraq. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). 2014;16.1:339-50.
- Kaushik R, Yeltiwar RK, Pushpanshu K. Salivary interleukin-1β levels in patients with chronic periodontitis before and after periodontal phase I therapy and healthy controls: A case-control study. J Periodontol. 2011 Sep;82(9):1353-9. DOI: 10.1902/jop.2011.100472
- Garmash OV. Osoblyvosti stomatolohichnoho statusu ditei, yaki narodylysia z makrosomiieiu, u period tymchasovoho prykusu. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2018;146(4):246-53. DOI: 10.29254/2077-4214-2018-4-1-146-246-253 [in Ukrainian].
- Garmash OV. Oral health abnormalities in children born with macrosomia established during mixed dentition period. Wiad Lek. 2019;72(5 cz 1):823-31.
- Garmash OV. Stan stomatohnatychnoi systemy osib populiatsii Kharkivskoi oblasti ta prylehlykh oblastei, yaki narodylysia makrosomamy. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2019;152(3):347-59. DOI: 10.29254/2077-4214-2019-3-152-347–359 [in Ukrainian].
- Grischenko VI, Yakovtsova AF. Krupnyiy plod (kliniko-morfologicheskoe issledovanie). Kiev: Zdorovya; 1991. 183 s. [in Russian].
- Yakovtsova AF, Sorokina IV, Aleshchenko IE. Imunnaya sistema ploda cheloveka pri krupnoplodii i ZVRP. Kharkov: BSF «Antiqua»; 2004. 218 s. [in Russian].
- Becker W, Rapp W, Schenk HG, Storiko K. Methods for the quantitative determination of plasma proteins by immunoprecipitation. Z Klin Chem Klin Biochem. 1968;6:113-22.
- Krel AA, Furtseva LN. Metody opredeleniya oksiprolina v biologicheskikh zhidkostyakh i ikh primeneniye v klinicheskoy praktike. Voprosy meditsinskoy khimii. 1968;14(6):635. [in Russian].
- Gupta G. Gingival crevicular fluid as a periodontal diagnostic indicator- I: Host derived enzymes and tissue breakdown products. J Med Life. 2012;5(4):390-7.
- Nomura Y, Shimada Y, Hanada N, Numabe Y, Kamoi K, Sato T, et al. Salivary biomarkers for predicting the progression of chronic periodontitis. Arch Oral Biol. 2012 Apr;57(4):413-20.
- Rangbulla V, Nirola A, Gupta M, Batra P, Gupta M. Salivary IgA, interleukin-1beta and MMP-8 as salivary biomarkers in chronic periodontitis patients. Chin J Dent Res. 2017;20.1:43-51.
- Iarova SP, Zheldakova AD. Rol porushen tsytokinovoi rehuliatsii v rozvytku endotelialnoi dysfunktsii pry heneralizovanomu parodontyti. Ukr. stomatol. almanakh. 2013;4:29-32. [in Ukrainian].
- Zhang Q, Chen B, Yan F, Guo J, Zhu X, Ma S, Yang W. Interleukin-10 Inhibits Bone Resorption: A Potential Therapeutic Strategy in Periodontitis and Other Bone Loss Diseases. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:284836. DOI: 10.1155/2014/284836
- Chereda VV, Petrushanko TO, Loban HA, Mamontova TV. Mikrobna kolonizatsiia porozhnyny rota i riven sekretornoho imunohlobulinu a v osib iz riznoiu intensyvnistiu kariiesu. Ukrainskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh. 2012;4:19-21. [in Ukrainian].
- Shyrobokov VP, redaktor. Medytsynskaia mykrobyolohyia, vyrusolohyia y ymmunolohyia. Vinnytsia: Nova knyha; 2015. 858 s. [in Russian].
- Johansen FE, Braathen R, Brandtzaeg P. Role of J chain in secretory immunoglobulin formation. Scand J Immunol. 2000 Sep;52(3):240-8.
- Riis JL, Bryce CI, Stebbinsd JL, Granger DA. Salivary total Immunoglobulin G as a surrogate marker of oral immune activity in salivary bioscience research. Brain, Behavior, & Immunity – Health. 2020 January;1:100014. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbih.2019.100014
- Buduneli N, Kinane DF. Host-derived diagnostic markers related to soft tissue destruction and bone degradation in periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2011 Mar;38(11):85-105. DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-051X.2010.01670.x
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (156), 2020 year, 340-349 pages, index UDK 616.314.17-008.1-008.843.1-078:618.33-007.61