OXIDATIVE STRESS AND METHODS OF ITS CORRECTION IN PATIENTS WITH ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION AND RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
About the author:
Ryndina N. G.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The aim of the study was to determine flow characteristics of oxidative stress and to evaluate the clinical effectiveness of metabolic therapy with meldonium and L-arginine aspartate on the dynamics of oxidative stress indices in patients with arterial hypertension in combination with rheumatoid arthritis. 93 patients with arterial hypertension II stage (grades 1 and 2) with rheumatoid arthritis were studied, mean age 56 (51; 61) years, activity on the DAS 28 scale 4,64 (4,24; 4,88) points, and 45 patients with arterial hypertension II stage (grades 1 and 2), mean age 54 (51; 58) years. The levels of isolated double bonds, diene conjugates, diene ketones, cyphium bases, and malonic aldehyde were determined at the start of the study and three months later. All patients with arterial hypertension in combination with rheumatoid arthritis were taking ramipril 10 mg per day, amlodipine 5 (5; 10) mg per day, atorvastatin 20 mg, basic therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and metabolic therapy which includes meldonium, and L-arginine aspartate. Conclusions. In patients with arterial hypertension and rheumatoid arthritis, median indexes of isolated double bonds, diene conjugates, diene ketones, cystic bases and malonic aldehyde were significantly higher by 26,7%, 31,6%, 31,3%, 17,6%, and 28,3%, respectively, as compared to those patients with arterial hypertension (p < 0,01), while the median values of vitamin A, vitamin E and catalase were significantly lower by 31,4%, 42,1% and 29,3% (p < 0,01). Blood pressure levels had a significant impact on the manifestation of oxidative stress. In patients with rheumatoid arthritis and arterial hypertension of grade 2 the median of indices of isolated double bonds, diene conjugates, diene ketones, cyphium bases and malonic aldehyde were significantly higher by 19,5%, 24,6%, 25,2%, 25%, and 25,3% in comparison to patients with rheumatoid arthritis and arterial hypertension of grade 1 (p < 0,01). In patients who took meldonium the values of isolated double bonds, diene conjugates, diene ketones, cyphium bases and malonic aldehyde were lower by 12,5%, 14,7%, 11,7%, 18,2% and 15,3% in comparison to patients without metabolic therapy (p < 0,05). In patients taking l-arginine aspartate median, the indices of isolated double bonds, diene conjugates, diene ketones, cyphium bases and malonic aldehyde were lower by 14,7%, 11,9%, 13,8%, 18,2% and 15% in comparison to patients without metabolic therapy (p < 0,05). Indicators of vitamin A, E, catalase were also significantly higher in 3%, 10,1%, 22,7% in patients taking meldonium, and in 8,1%, 8,5%, 21% in patients taking L-arginine aspartate in comparison to patients without metabolic therapy (p < 0,05).
arterial hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, oxidative stress, metabolic therapy
- Avina-Zubieta JA, Thomas J, Sadatsafavi M. Risk of incident cardiovascular events in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis of observational studies. Ann Rheum Dis. 2014;71:1524-33.
- Kundu S, Ghosh P, Datta S. Oxidative stress as a potential biomarker for determining disease activity in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Free Radical Research. 2014 May;46:1482-9.
- García-González A, Gaxiola-Robles R, Zenteno- Savín T. Oxidative stress in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Rev Invest Clin. 2015;67:46-53.
- Аhmad KA, Yuan DY, Nawaz W. Antioxidant therapy for management of oxidative stress induced hypertension. Free Radic Res. 2017;51:428- 38.
- Siti HN, Kamisah Y, Kamsiah J. The role of oxidative stress, antioxidants and vascular inflammation in cardiovascular disease. Vascular Pharmacology. 2015;71:40-56.
- Mihalj M, Tadzic R, Vcev A. Blood pressure reduction is associated with the changes in oxidative stress and endothelial activation in hypertension, regardless of antihypertensive therapy. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2016;41:721-35.
- Gorshunova NK, Rahmanova OV. Oksydativniy stress i ego raznovidnosti v patogeneze arterialʹnoy hypertensii. Sovremennie problemi nauki i obrazovaniya. 2018;3:45-53. [in Russian].
- Revmatoidniy artrit adaptovana klinichna nastanova zasnovana na dokazah: MOZ Ukraini № 263 vid 11.04.2014 r. [Internet]. Dostupno: www. moz.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 Part 1 (150), 2019 year, 181-186 pages, index UDK 616.12 - 008.331.1:616.72 - 002.77:612.015.39] - 085