COMPARISON OF RESULTS OF TREATMENT OF PATIENTS AFTER SIMULTANEOUS AND ISOLATED OPERATIONS
About the author:
Zavgorodniy S. M., Kubrak M. A., Danilyk M. B., Rylov A. I.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Improving the diagnosis of combined pathology, developing indications and contraindications to these operations, assessing and substantiating the benefits of these surgeries are pressing issues in the current world medical literature. Aim of the study. Conduct a comparative analysis of the results of diagnosis and treatment of patients after isolated two-stage and simultaneous surgical interventions for endocrine and combined surgical pathology. Object and methods. According to the developed algorithm of diagnostics 318 patients were examined. 71 (22.3%) revealed 1 to 3 concomitant surgical diseases. 64 (90.1%) patients underwent simultaneous surgery. Results of the study. The overall level of complications in performing simultaneous interventions was 22.9%, and two stage operations – 28.7%, U = 85.0; p = 0.0419. The duration of hospital stay in the main group was 9.6 ± 1.7 days, the confidence interval (9.0; 10.2); in the comparison group – 16.5 ± 1.4 days, interval (15.8; 17.3), U = 8.0; p <0.0001. The time of surgery in the case of simultaneous and sequential isolated operations did not differ: 113.1 ± 23.7 minutes, confidence interval (105.0; 121.3) and 107.2 ± 21.7 minutes, confidence interval (96.4; 116.1) respectively, U = 543.5; p = 0.4196. When comparing the duration of anesthesiology, significant statistical changes were found: 141.7 ± 28.3 minutes, interval (131.9; 151.4) in the main group; 165.6 ± 31.9 minutes, interval (146.7; 178.9) in comparison group, U = 339.5; p = 0.0014. Conclusions. 1. An algorithm for diagnosis of combined surgical pathology in patients with diseases of the endocrine system was developed and put into practice, which allowed to increase the level of detection of concomitant surgical pathology from 7.2% to 22.3%, U = 25.5; p = 0.0016. 2. Performing a simultaneous surgical intervention in comparison with a two-stage operation reduced the length of hospitalization from 16.5 ± 1.4 days, confidence interval (15.8; 17.3) to 9.6 ± 1.7 days, interval (9, 0; 10.2), U = 8.0; p <0.0001; duration of anesthesiologic support from 165.6 ± 31.9 minutes, interval (146.7; 178.9) to 141.7 ± 28.3 minutes, confidence interval (131.9; 151.4), U = 339.5 ; p = 0.0014 and complication rate from 28.7% to 22.9%, U = 85.0; p = 0.0419. 3. Indicators of time of surgery in the case of simultaneous and consecutive isolated operations did not differ: 113.1 ± 23.7 minutes, confidence interval (105.0; 121.3) and 107.2 ± 21.7 minutes, confidence interval (96.4; 116.1), respectively, U = 543.5; p = 0.4196.
combined pathology, endocrine diseases, simultaneous operations.
- Sadriev ON, Gaibov AD. Simultannyie operatsii pri hirurgicheskih zabolevaniyah nadpochechnikov. Novosti hirurgii. 2014;6(22):678-86. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18484/2305-0047.2014.6.678 [in Russian].
- Castinetti F, Taieb D, Henry JF, Walz M, Guerin C, Brue T, et al. Management of endocrine disease: outcome of adrenal sparing surgery in heritable pheochromocytoma. Eur. J. Endocrinol. 2016 Jan;174(1):9-18. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1530/EJE-15-0549
- Emirikçi S, Özçınar B, Öner G, Omarov N, Ağcaoğlu O, Soytaş Y, et al. Thyroid cancer incidence in simultaneous thyroidectomy with parathyroid surgery. Ulusal Cerrahi Dergisi. 2015 Aug;31(4):214-7. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5152/UCD.2015.2666
- Podetta M, Pusztaszeri M, Toso C, Procopiou M, Triponez F, Sadowski SM. Oncocytic adrenocortical neoplasm with concomitant papillary thyroid cancer. Front. Endocrinol. (Lausanne). 2018 Jan 22;8:384. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2017.00384
- Ramazan C, Isilay KS, Senay AD. Concomitant Graves’ disease and primary hyperparathyroidism: case report. Endocrine Abstracts. 2015;37:946. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1530/endoabs.37.EP946
- Zavgorodniy SN, Kubrak MA, Rylov AI, Danilyuk MB. Algoritm diagnostiki sochetannoy hirurgicheskoy patologii u patsientov s zabolevaniyami endokrinnoy sistemyi. Mezhdunarodnyy endokrinologicheskiy zhurnal. 2017;13(8):591-5. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22141/2224- 07188.8.131.527.119276 [in Russian].
- Panarese A, D’Andrea V, Pontone S, Favoriti P, Pironi D, Arcieri S, et al. Management of concomitant hyperparathyroidism and thyroid diseases in the elderly patients: a retrospective cohort study. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research. 2017 Feb;29(1):29-33. DOI: http://dx.doi. org/10.1007/s40520-016-0665-8
- Kurygin AA, Semenov VV. Sotsialno-ekonomicheskie aspektyi simultannyih operatsiy na organah zhivota. Vestnik khirurgii im. I. I. Grekova. 2016;175(3):100-5. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24884/0042-4625-2016-175-3-100-105 [in Russian].
- Timerbulatov VM, Timerbulatov MV, Mehdiev DI, Timerbulatov SV, Smir RA, Khabirov DM. Meditsinskie aspektyi i ekonomicheskaya effektivnost sochetannyih operativnyih vmeshatelstv. Annaly khirurgii. 2016;21(5):306-11. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24884/0042-4625-2016- 175-3-100-105 [in Russian].
- Spanheimer PM, Weigel RJ. Management of patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and concurrent thyroid disease: an evolving field. Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2012 May;19(5):1428-9. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1245/s10434-012-2286-6
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (152), 2019 year, 101-104 pages, index UDK 616-089.8-089.168-042.2