STRUCTURE OF FILTRATES OF DISINTEGRATES AND METABOLIC COMPLEXES OF LACTOBACILLUS RHAMNOSUS GG AND SACCHAROMYCES BOULARDII
About the author:
Isayenko O. Y., Babych E. M., Martynov A. V., Gorbach T. V., Antusheva T. I.
Type of article:
Metabolic complexes obtained by growing microbial cells of lactobacilli and saccharomycetes in their own ultrasonic disintegrates, show high antimicrobial activity alone and in combination with antibacterial drugs against multidrug-resistant opportunistic and pathogenic pathogens. Antibacterial action can be caused by any component of the biologically active complex. This encourages a comprehensive study of their components. The purpose of the study: was to establish the composition of the filtrates of ultrasonic disintegrates of probiotic strains of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Saccharomyces boulardii and metabolic complexes obtained on their basis, to substantiate the properties of the test substances. Methods. Determination of total nitrogen and calculation of crude protein was carried out by the Kjeldahl method. The true protein was determined by the Lowry method. The amino acid composition (except tryptophan) was determined by ion exchange column chromatography, and the amount of tryptophan was determined by high performance liquid chromatography. Results. All experimental samples contained protein, nitrogen, essential and non-essential amino acids. The nitrogen content was mainly of protein origin. Glycine, alanine, valine, and arginine were observed in most samples of lactobacilli. All samples contained tryptophan. The process of culturing lactobacilli in their own disintegrates was accompanied by a decrease in the amount of serine, proline, alanine and an increase in arginine, histidine, lysine. After growing lactobacilli, the concentration of free amino acids decreased (from 21.88% to 1.54%), and the protein increased almost twice. Increased protein synthesis under given cultivation conditions confirms the activity of lactobacilli and their production of metabolites. The biologically active substances of saccharomycetes had a statistically significantly greater accumulation of amino acids (3.5-6.6) compared with lactobacilli (1.8-3.38, P = 0.05). The largest amounts of glycine, alanine, valine, serine, and leucine were observed in the filtrates of S. boulardii disintegrates. Cultivation of saccharomycetes was accompanied by a predominant synthesis of arginine (0.5 μg), glycine (0.3 μg), aspartic acid by 0.2 μg compared with their own disintegrates (P < 0.05). The total amount of free amino acids in the cultivation of saccharomycetes decreased from 21.95% to 7.8%, and the concentration of crude protein, true protein, amino acids, nitrogen increased. Conclusion. All experimental samples of lactobacilli and saccharomycetes contain protein, nitrogen, essential and non-essential amino acids. Changes in amino acid composition, decrease in free amino acids and increase in protein concentration in metabolic complexes in comparison with samples of disintegrates on the basis of which they were obtained, confirm the growth and reproduction of microbial cells of probiotic strains of microorganisms in ultrasonic disintegrates. The probability of participation of amino acid components in antibacterial, restorative, antiinflammatory, wound-healing actions of metabolic complexes of lactobacilli and saccharomycetes is substantiated.
аmino acids, protein, nitrogen, metabolites, probiotics.
- Sobolev AV, Kolobov AA, Krasovskaya IY, Grishina TV. Vybor metodov vydeleniya antimikrobnykh peptidov iz kul’tury Lactobacillus plantarum 8pa-3. Rossiyskiy immunologicheskiy zhurnal. 2014;8(17):873-5. [in Russian].
- Bermudez-Brito M, Plaza-Díaz J, Muñoz-Quezada S, Gómez-Llorente C, Gil A. Probiotic Mechanisms of Action. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2012;61(2):160-74.
- Perez RH, Zendo Т, Sonomoto К. Circular and leaderless bacteriocins: biosynthesis, mode of action, applications, and prospects. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2018;9:2085.
- Isayenko O, Knysh O, Kotsar O, Ryzhkova T, Dyukareva G. Simultaneous and sequential influence of metabolite complexes of Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Saccharomyces boulardii and antibiotics against poly-resistant Gram-negative bacteria. Regulatory Mechanisms in Biosystems. 2020;11(1):139-45.
- Isaienko O. Protydyfteriini vlastyvosti strukturno-metabolitnykh kompleksiv laktobakterii i sakharomitsetiv probiotychnykh shtamiv. Fiziolohichnyi zhurnal. 2019;65(6):51-61. [in Ukrainian].
- Isayenko O, Knysh O, Kotsar O, Ryzhkova T, Dyukareva G. Effect of disintegrates and metabolites of Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Saccharomyces boulardii on biofilms of antibiotic resistant conditionally pathogenic and pathogenic bacteria. Regulatory Mechanisms in Biosystems. 2019;10(1):3-8.
- ISO 5983-1:2005 Animal Feeding Stuffs – Determination of Nitrogen Content and Calculation of Crude Protein Content – Part 1: Kjeldahl Method. International Organization for Standardization: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL, Randall RJ. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. Journal of biological chemistry. 1951;193:265-75.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO). (2005). ISO 13903: 2005. Animal feeding stuffs – Determination of amino acids content.
- Martynov AV, Bomko TV, Farber BS, Nosalskaya TN, Kleyn I. Synthesis of dynamic riboflavin derivatives and the study of their ability to urease photoinactivation. Annals of Mechnikov Institute. 2019;3:44-9.
- Polevaya YeV. Razrabotka sostava i tekhnologii biologicheski aktivnykh kompleksov na osnove bakterial’nykh ekzometabolitov [dysertatsiia]. Sankt-peterburg: Sankt-Peterburgskaya gosudarstvennaya khimiko-farmatsevticheskaya akademiya; 2013. 207 s. [in Russian].
- Yakubke KhD, Yeshkayt KH. Aminokisloty, peptidy, belki. Moskva: Mir; 1985. 456 s. [in Russian].
- Fimland G, Eijsink VG, Nissen-Meyer J. Mutational analysis of the role of tryptophan residues in an antimicrobial peptide. Biochemistry. 2002;41(30):9508-15.
- Kuvayeva Z. Sovremennyye lekarstvennyye sredstva na osnove aminokislot. Nauka i innovatsii. 2009;6(76):43-4. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (157), 2020 year, 204-207 pages, index UDK 615.281.9-03:[615.331+615.339]