ALLOGERNIOPLASTY OF POSTOPERATIVE HYPOCHONDRIUM HERNIA STOMACH USING MODIFIED POLYPROPYLENE MESH
About the author:
Lutkovskyi R. A.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Aloplasty of postoperative hypochondrium hernia stomach (PHHS), using modified polypropilene mesh, but this is accompanied by a fairly high frequency of postoperative complications from the postoperative wound. In our view, the use of a nanomodified polypropylene mesh modified by carbon nanotubes and an antiseptic of polyhexamethleneguanidine chloride the results of operative treatment of PHHS. Aim – to improve the results of postoperative hypochondrium hernia stomach using modified polypropylene mesh. Object and methods. The analysis of operations treatment of 146 patients with PHHS of has been performed. Depending on the type of mesh used during operations treatment, patients were divided into 2 groups. In 73 (50%) of Group I patients using modified polypropilene mesh. In the 2nd group, 73 (50%) patients using classic polypropylene mesh. Results and discussion. Statistically significant results were obtained in patients of Group I compared to Group II: seroma was in 11 (15.5±1.2%) in Group II compared to 4 (5.5±0.4%) in Group I (p<0.05), respectively, the suppuration of the postoperative wound – 6 (8.1±0.4%) to 2 (2.7±0.3%) (p<0.05). The terms of stay of patients of group II on inpatient treatment – 12,3±2,2 days, group II – 7,4±1,3 days. Long-term results: ligature fistulas of the anterior abdominal wall were detected in 3 (5.6±0.5%) patients of group II, in patients of group I of the ligature fistulas were not detected (p<0.05), meshoma – in 2 (3.7±0.2%) of patients in group II, in group I there was no stir (p>0.05). Chronic pain in the abdominal wall in 6 – 8 months after surgery was observed in 3 (5.6±0.6)% patients in group II and in 1 (1.9±0.4%) group I (p>0.05), recurrences of hernia were found in 3 (5.6±0.6%) patients of group II, in group I – in 1 (1.9±0.4)% (p<0.05). Conclusion.Operations treatment of PHHS using modified polypropylene mesh more effective compared with the use of the classical polypropylene mesh, namely, reducing the frequency of seroma from 15.5±1.2% in the II group of patients to 5.5±0.4% in group I, respectively, suppurations of postoperative wounds – from 8.1±0.4% to 2.7±0.3%, inflammatory infiltrates – from 8.1±0.6% to 2.7±0.4%, ligaturial fistulas of the abdominal wall – from 5.6±0.5% to 0%, meshoma – from 3.7±0.2% to 0%, chronic postoperative pain – from 5.6±0.6% to 1.9±0.4%, recurrence of hernia – from 5.6±0.6% to 1.9±0.4%.
postoperative hypochondrium hernia stomach, modified polypropilene mesh, postoperative wound complications.
- Feleshtynskiy JP. Pisljaoperaziyni grugi guvota. Kuiv: TOV «Bisnes-logika»; 2012. 200 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Cheatham ML, White MW, Sagraves SG. Abdominal perfusion pressure: a superior parameter in the assessment of intra-abdominal hypertension. J. Trauma. 2000;49(4):621-6.
- Mischalov VG, Burca AO, Tesluc II. Chirurgichne licuvannja chvorich s pisljaoperazijnimi grugami poperecovo-bocovich diljanoc guvota. Chirurgia Ukraini. 2015;1(25):99-105. [in Ukrainian].
- Millbourn D, Cengiz Y, Israelsson LA. Risk factors for wound complications in midline abdominal incisions related to the size of stitches. Hernia. 2011;15:261-6.
- Mursabecjan JR, Dobrovolskij SR. Prognos i profilaktika ranevich oslognenij posleplastici perednej brjushnoj stenci po povodu posleoperacionnoj ventralnoj grugi. Chirurgija. 2008;1:66-71. [in Russian].
- Sanders DL, Kingsnorth AN. From ancient to contemporary times: a concise history of incisional hernia repair. Hernia. 2011;16:1-7.
- Lutkovskyi RA, Feleshtynskiy JP, Viltsanuk OA, Rezanova NM, vinachidniki. Vinnuckuj nazionalnuj medichnij universitet imeni M.I. Pirogova patentovlasnik. Sposib aloplastiki pisljaoperazijnuch ventralnich grug s vikoristannjam nanomodifikovanoi polipropilenovoi sitku. Patent Ukrainu na korusnu model № 132818. 2019 Ver 11. [in Ukrainian].
- Lutkovskyi RA. Morfologichnuj ta morfometrichnij analis smin v tkaninach pri implantazii sitchastich implantativ s polipropilenu modifikovanogo vuglezevumu nanotrubkamu ta antisepticom. Visnuk Vinnuckogo nazionalnogo medichnogo universitetu. 2018 Trav;22(1):19-23. [in Ukrainian].
- Lutkovskyi RA. Reakzija tkanun na polipropilenovi sitchasti implantaty. Visnuk morfologii. 2017 Trav;23(2):295-9. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 1 (153), 2019 year, 106-109 pages, index UDK 617.551-007.43-089.168.1-06:539.55