COMPARISON OF EFFICIENCY APPLICATION OF FIBREGLASS AND METALLIC PINS FOR PROCEEDING IN CROWN PART OF TOOTH
About the author:
Petrushanko V. M., Lobach L. M., Lyashenko L. I., Tkachenko I. M.
METHODS AND METHODOLOGIES
Type of article:
A clinical evaluation of the quality restoration crowns pulpless teeth using different stud designs. In clinical studies have analyzed the basic pin tumbler design used for the reconstruction of destroyed teeth crowns. The clinic patients with defects of teeth crowns dental restoration was carried out pins MOOSER (Maillefer) – 5 people, UNIMETRIC (Maillefer) – 6 people, RADIX-ANKER (Maillefer) – 5 people, CYTCO (MAILLEFER) – 5 people, FLEXI-POST (SDS) – 7 people and cast pinned tabs with individual styling – 4 people. Immediately after filling, the quality of restoration of the tooth surface at the boundary between the root and the filling material and the point of contact with the floss were checked. After 6 months, in addition to floss control, the condition of the interdental papilla and filling was determined. In the presence of inflammation of the papilla was performed radiography of the sealed tooth. The choice of the type of the pin depends largely on the volume of the root canal after endodontic treatment, as well as on the loss of dentinal mass of the crown or root of the tooth. Most dentists believe that when restoring a tooth after endodontic treatment, it must be secured with pins, despite the degree of tooth destruction. Each tooth, depending on its position in the dental row, has its own occlusal load, which acts in different directions. With vertical loading and parallelism of the side walls of the pin, there is a slight pressure on the channel walls. With respect to horizontal loading, it is more optimal to use a cast pin with a round section, which is anatomically adapted to the structure of the root canal. The pin fixation should be at half or two thirds of the root canal. The ideal diameter of the pin is determined by rule 1/3 (equal to one third of the mesio-distal diameter of the root in which the pin is installed). Fiberglass pins have recently emerged in dental practice and dentists have begun to actively use them. Such pins are easy to fit to the dimensions of the channel, while metal pins require processing the channel to the size of the pin. Fiberglass is completely biologically and chemically inert, so it does not cause inflammatory reaction and rejection. Even from an electrochemical point of view, it is passive. Fiberglass pins are passive and therefore do not split the root, and can be fixed on glass-fiber cement and composite materials. Analysis of the immediate results of the study showed that when restoring teeth with MOOSER pins (Maillefer) in 2 cases there was a cementation of the structure. When using UNIMETRIC pins (Maillefer) in 1 case there was a depressurization in the lower part of the palatine side. Of the 10 cases of use of fiberglass pins, none of them had root cracks.
posts, pulpless teeth, restoration.
- Morgano SM. Restavraciya depulpirpovannyh zubov: primenenie tradicionnyh principov v nastoyashih i budushih kontekstah. Vysshaya shkola. M.: 1990. s. 3-23. [in Russiаn].
- Olesova VN, Klepilin ES, Balgurina OS. Sravnenie biomehaniki shtiftovyh konstrukcij so steklovolokonnymi i titanovymi. Panorama ortopedicheskoj stomatologii. 2001;3:22-3. [in Russiаn].
- Llojd PM, Palik F. Filosofiya podgotovki shtiftovogo diametra: obzor literatury. Zhurnal stomatologicheskogo protezirovaniya. 1993;32-5. [in Russiаn].
- Buhmyuller K. Sistema shtiftov «Mallifer». Dent Art. 1996;4:39-42. [in Russiаn].
- Borovskij EV, Popova II. Vnutrikanalnye shtifty pri podgotovke zubov k restavracii koronkovoj chasti. Klinicheskaya stomatologiya. 2000;2:32-5. [in Russiаn].
- Milot P, Sheldonshtain R. Svyaz pereloma kornya endodonticheski lechenogo zuba s vyborom shtifta i konstrukciej koronki. Zhurnal stomatologicheskogo protezirovaniya. 1992;428-34. [in Russiаn].
- Petrushanko VM, Skripnik MI. Vidnovlennya koronok zrujnovanih zubiv za dopomogoyu sklovolokonnih shtiftiv iz zastosuvannyam ridkotekuchogo fotopolimernogo materialu. Ukrainskij stomatologichnij almanah. 2017;4:20-2. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 1 (153), 2019 year, 201-204 pages, index UDK 616.314.11 – 089.844:616 – 74:615.465/466 – 042.2