MAJOR BIOCHEMICAL MARKERS OF CARBOHYDRATE METABOLISM AFFECTING THE STATE AFTER COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION
About the author:
Dubivska S. S., Nakonechna O. A., Grigorov Y. B., Litvinenko O. Yu.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The purpose of this study is to determine the content of the main monitoring indicators of carbohydrate metabolism in patients with surgical pathology, depending on the age after the use of general anesthesia. The study of 130 patients was conducted in surgical wards of various profiles at the Kharkov City Clinical Hospital for Emergency and Emergency Medical Care. prof. A.I. Meshchaninova. The absence of changes in the content of this indicator in the blood of patients of the young age group indicate that humoral mechanisms of regulation of the content of this monosaccharide, which is necessary for the energetic support of the processes of vital activity of the organism, work to provide glucose homeostasis at a sufficient level. Hyperglycemia in patients of this age group before surgery and in the first week after anesthesia and surgery can be caused by an increase in blood hormones stress: adrenaline, cortisol.As for the monitoring of carbohydrate metabolism – blood glucose in elderly patients, they have hyperglycemia in all periods of the study. A month later, it practically returns to the values for surgery. However, studies of such metabolites of anaerobic glycolysis, such as pyruvate and lactate, in the serum of patients of different age groups revealed certain features of changes in these indicators, the severity of which depended on age and duration after anesthesia and surgery.
cognitive dysfunction, anesthesia, lactate, pyruvate.
- Gonskij YaI, Maksimchuk TP. Biohimiya lyudini. Ternopil: 2019. 732 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Gonskij YaI. Biohimiya lyudini. Ternopil: 2002. 744 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Gubskiy YuI. Bioorganichna himiya. Vinnitsya: Nova kniga; 2007. 732 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Makarenko AN, Savosko SI. Vliyanie tiopentala natriya na sostoyanie energeticheskogo obmena v golovnom mozge. Visnik problem biologiyi і medicini. 2016;2.1(128);56-9. [in Russiаn].
- Sklyarov OYa, redactor. Bojkiv DP, Ivankiv OL, Kobilinska LI. Praktikum z biologichnoyi himiyi. Kiyiv: «Zdorov’ya»; 2002. 298 s. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 87-91 pages, index UDK 616-089-06:616.89-008.44/.47-085.214