SPECIFICS OF THE GerdQ, GSRS QUESTIONNAIRES, LEVEL OF QUALITY OF LIFE IN GERD PATIENTS, DEPENDING ON THE PRESENCE OF CONCOMITANT ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION
About the author:
Ksenchyn O. O., Paliy I. G., Zaika S. V
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The standard for instrumental diagnosis of GERD is upper endoscopy and esophageal impedance-pH monitoring, but the above diagnostic methods are expensive, not always available, difficult to tolerate patients, which complicates their use in routine practice. An acceptable variant of objective diagnostic technique can be questionnaires. The purpose of the study was to study the diagnostic capabilities of GerdQ, GSRS questionnaires and to study the quality of life according to the SF-36 questionnaire in patients with GERD, depending on the presence of concomitant hypertension. Object and methods. The study involved 125 patients (54 men and 71 women), mean age50±1.4 years, divided into 3 groups: practically healthy, patients with GERD, patients with GERD in combination with hypertension. All patients were tested with using GerdQ and GSRS questionnaires, the MOS SF-36 questionnaire was used to determine the quality of life. Results and discussion. In groups of patients with GERD and GERD with concomitant hypertension, the results of the GerdQ questionnaire were not significantly different (p> 0.05), and no significant difference in the severity of the reflux syndrome according to the GSRS questionnaire was also found (p> 0.05). According to the quality of life assessment, the presence of concomitant hypertension significantly decreased (p <0.05) the level of physical functioning, the level of emotional functioning and the level of psychological health in patients with GERD. Conclusions. In groups of patients with GERD and GERD with concomitant hypertension, the results of the GerdQ and GSRS questionnaires were not significantly different, this makes them possible to use for the routine diagnostic of GERD, regardless of the presence of concomitant hypertension. Assessment of quality of life revealed no reliable influence on its level of presence of GERD, at the same time established a significant negative impact of concomitant hypertension on the physical and mental component of health in patients with GERD.
gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypertension, questionnaires, quality of life.
- Katz PO, Gerson LB, Vela MF. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2013;108:308-28.
- DeVault KR, Castell DO. Updated guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2005;100:190-200.
- Giannini EG, Zentilin P, Dulbecco P, Vigneri S, Scarlata P, Savarino V. Management strategy for patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease: a comparison between empirical treatment with esomeprazole and endoscopy-oriented treatment. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2008;103:267-75.
- Inadomi JM, Jamal R, Murata GH, Hoffman RM, Lavezo LA, Vigil JM, et al. Step-down management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Gastroenterology. 2001;121:1095-100.
- Vakil N, van Zanten SV, Kahrilas P, Dent J, Jones R. Global Consensus Group. Montreal definition and classification of gastroesophageal reflux disease: a global evidence–based consensus. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:1900-20.
- Tytgat GN, Mccoll K, Tack J, Holtmann G, Hunt RH, Malfertheiner P, et al. New algorithm for the treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2008;27(3):249-56.
- Shaheen NJ, Hansen RA, Morgan DR, Gangarosa LM, Ringel Y, Thiny MT, et al. The burden of gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2006;101(9):2128-38.
- Tutuian R, Castell DO. Management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am. J. Med. Sci. 2003;326(5):309-18.
- Maev IV, Samsonov AA, Andreev NG. Simptom izzhogi: privyichnyiy diskomfort ili sereznaya problema? Farmateka. 2011;10. [in Russian].
- Badillo R, Dawn F. Diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease. World J. Gastrointest. Pharmacol. Ther. 2014;5(3):105-12.
- Silny J. Intraluminal multiple electric impedance procedure for measurement of gastrointestinal motility. J. Gastrointest. Motil. 1991;3:151-62.
- Sifrim D, Castell D, Dent J, Kahrilas PJ. Gastro-oesophageal reflux monitoring: review and consensus report on detection and definitions of acid, non-acid, and gas reflux. Gut. 2004;53:1024-31.
- Yu Kyung Cho. How to Interpret Esophageal Impedance pH Monitoring. J. Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2010;16(3):327-30.
- Kryvenko VI. Formalizovana otsinka stanu khvoroho za dopomohoiu shkal pry osnovnykh vnutrishnikh khvorobakh: posibnyk. Zaporizhzhia: 2015. 97 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Gyawali CP, Kahrilas PJ, Savarino E, Zerbib F, Mion F, Smout AJPM, et al. Modern diagnosis of GERD: the Lyon Consensus. Gut. 2018;67(7):1351- 62. DOI: 10.1136/gutjnl-2017-314722
- Kryvenko VI. Yakist zhyttia ta prykhylnist do likuvannia v klinitsi vnutrishnikh khvorob: posibnyk. Zaporizhzhia: 2015. 80 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Alifer OO. Otsinka yakosti zhyttia patsiientiv z arterialnoiu hipertenziieiu. Zdobutky klinichnoi i eksperymentalnoi medytsyny. 2017;2:122-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Korniienko DO. Osoblyvosti klinichnoho perebihu ta yakosti zhyttia pry hastroezofahealnii refliuksnii khvorobi v osib molodoho viku z suputnim ozhyrinniam. Visnyk VDNZU «Ukrainska medychna stomatolohichna akademiia». 2015;4(52):76-80. [in Ukrainian].
- Klinichni rekomendatsii z arterialnoi hipertenzii Yevropeiskoho tovarystva hipertenzii (ESH) ta Yevropeiskoho tovarystva kardiolohiv (ESC) 2013 roku: pereklad Sirenko Yu.M. Arteryalnaia hypertenzyia. 2013;4(30):61-157. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 120-125 pages, index UDK 616.329/33-002+616.12-008.331