CLINICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PATIENTS WITH INFERTILITY ON THE BACKGROUND OF POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME USING STANDARD PROTECTION PROTOCOL
About the author:
Khmil M. S., Khmil S. V.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common endocrinopathy in women of reproductive age with infertility. Given the multifactority of PCOS, which determines the search for fundamentally different ways of correction of this pathology, a differentiated approach to choosing a way to restore reproductive function in women of this category is relevant. Aim of the study. To analyze the clinical features of infertile patients with PCOS in standard programs of assisted reproductive technology, depending on the method of embryo transfer. Object and methods. 100 women aged 25-39 years with infertility on a background of PCOS, who were being treated at the “Professor S. Khmil Clinic Medical Center”, were studied. Infertility in PCOS was diagnosed according to Rotterdam criteria. Women who had complaints of psychological distress used the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) to assess their anxiety / depression level. The patients were divided into 2 groups – group 1 consisted of 22 patients who had embryotransfer to the uterine cavity for 5 days after puncture (fresh embryotransfer), group 2 – 78 patients who had embryo transfer in cryocycles. The distribution of women into groups was performed based on the degree of risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHS) developing. Controlled ovarian stimulation was performed according to a long protocol from 19-21 days of the previous menstrual cycle, was administered agonist-GnRG Decapeptil-Depot at a dose of 3.75 mg – tryptorelin («Decapeptyl», Ferring, Germany). Results of research. Analyzing the statistics obtained on the age of patients in the experimental groups revealed a similar age structure, however, in the group of women who had fresh embryotransfer, persons 30-34 years prevailed, while in the group of women who underwent embryo transfer in cryocycles 25-29 year olds persons prevailed. The distribution of patients into study groups revealed no significant differences in the structure of infertility duration among women with different embryo transfer methods. It should be noted that in the total population of women, primary infertility prevailed (80 people), whereas secondary was diagnosed in only 20 patients. The study of the structure of concomitant somatic diseases showed that patients with PCOS and infertility are dominated by metabolic syndrome (31 persons) and gynecological surgeries (41 persons). It should be noted that several patients have several associated pathologies. An analysis of the hospital anxiety / depression scale results of 19 women with infertility and PCOS who had complaints of psychological distress showed subclinical anxiety / depression in 63.2% and clinically expressed anxiety / depression in 36.8% of patients. In 92.00% of women with PCOS infertility were diagnosed OHS. At the same time, in the group of women who have fresh embryotransfer, the mild degree of OHS (54.55%) is predominant, while in women who perform embryo transfer in cryocycles, the average degree of OHS is 39.74%. Conclusion. The effectiveness of controlled ovarian stimulation over a long protocol in women with infertility in the background of PCOS is evidenced by the number of mature oocytes, fertilized normal cells and the number of blastocytes. In the women with PCOS infertility, which were diagnosed grade 3 of OHS, which is a contraindication to fresh transfer, the number of follicles is statistically higher relative to the data of grade 1 OSH (19.5%), respectively, the number of oocytes is higher by 22.2% (p>0.05).
polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, controlled ovulation induction, general characteristics of patients, type of embryotransfer.
- Babenko OM. Osobennosty anamneza zhenshchyn s besplodyem y predshestvuyushchymy operatsyyamy na prydatkakh matky. Medykosotsyalʹnye problemy semʹy. 2013;18(1):38-41. [in Russian].
- Chaykа VK, chl. kor. NAMN Ukrayny, redactor. Besplodnyy brak: prakt. ruk-vo. Donetsk: ChP «Lavis»; 2012. 384 s. [in Russian].
- Dykke HB, Erofeeva LV. Osobennosty reproduktyvnoho povedenyya molodezhy. Akusherstvo y hynekolohyya. 2013;12:96-101. [in Russian].
- Dumansʹka VP. Vnesok novitnikh reproduktyvnykh tekhnolohiy u narodzhuvanistʹ v Ukrayini. Demohrafiya ta sotsialʹna ekonomika. 2018;2(33):82-93. [in Ukrainian].
- Yuzʹko OM. Dopomizhni reproduktyvni tekhnolohiyi – 25 rokiv uspikhu. Zb. nauk. pr. Asotsiatsiyi akusheriv-hinekolohiv Ukrayiny. Kyyiv: 2016. s. 393-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Dayal M, Sagar S, Chaurasia A. Anti-mullerian hormone: a new marker of ovarian function. Obstet Gynaecol India. 2014;64(2):130-3.
- Aylamazyan EK, Tolibova GK, Tral’ TG. Kliniko-morfologicheskiye determinanty besplodiya, assotsiirovannogo s vospalitel’nymi zabolevaniyami organov malogo taza. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskikh bolezney. 2015;67(6):17-25. [in Russian].
- Kolesnik AV. Osobennosti zhenskogo besplodiya pri sochetannoy patologii matki. Zbírnik naukovikh prats’ spívrobítnikív NMAPO ímení P.L. Shupika. 2012;21(5):276-80. [in Russian].
- Kuchenbecker WK, Groen H, Zijlstra TM, Bolster JH, Slart RH, van der Jagt EJ, et al. The subcutaneous abdominal fat and not the intraabdominal fat compartment is associated with anovulation in women with obesity and infertility. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:2107-12.
- Goodarzi M, Dumesic D, Chazenbalk G. Polycystic ovary syndrome: etiology, pathogenesis and diagnosis. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2011;7:19-231. DOI: 10.1038/nrendo.2010.217
- Escobar-Morreale HF. Polycystic ovary syndrome: definition, aetiology, diagnosis and treatment. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2018;14(5):270-84.
- Azziz R, Carmina E, Chen Z, Dunaif A, Laven JS, Legro RS, et al. Polycystic ovary syndrome. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2016;2(1):16057.
- Urbanovych AM. Syndrom polikistoznykh yayechnykiv u shchodenniy praktytsi. Mizhnarodnij endokrinologicnij zhurnal. 2018;14(1):40-5. DOI: 10.22141/2224-0718.104.22.1688.127090 [in Ukrainian].
- Polyzos NP, Nwoye M, Corona R, Blockeel C, Stoop D, Haentjens P, et al. Live birth rates in Bologna poor responders treated with ovarian stimulation for IVF/ICSI. Reprod Biomed Online. 2014 Apr;28(4):469-74. DOI: 10.1016/j.rbmo.2013.11.010
- «Pro zatverdzhennya ta vprovadzhennya medyko-tekhnolohichnykh dokumentiv zi standartyzatsiyi medychnoyi dopomohy pry depresiyi». Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorov’ya Ukrayiny vid 25.12.2014 roku № 1003. Dostupno: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v1003282-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Griesinger G, Verweij PJM, Gates D, Devroey P, Gordon K, Stegmann BJ, et al. Prediction of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in patients treated with corifollitropin alfa or rFSH in a GnRH antagonist protocol. PLoS ONE. 2016;11(3):e0149615. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0149615]
- Shapiro BS, Daneshmand ST, Garner FC. Evidence of impaired endometrial receptivity after ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization: a prospective randomized trial comparing fresh and frozen-thawed embryo transfer in normal responders. Fertil Steril. 2011;96(2):344-8.
- Nakonechna AV. Stan emotsiynoyi sfery zhinok iz bezpliddyam pry povtornomu zastosuvanni protokolu ekstrakorporalʹnoho zaplidnennya. Ukr. med. chasopys. 2018;6(128):38-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Alper MM, Smith LP, Sills ES. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: current views on pathophysiology, risk factors, prevention, and management. J Exp Clin Assist Reprod. 2009;6:3.
- Delvigne A, Rozenberg S. Epidemiology and prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS): a review. Hum Reprod Update. 2002;8:559-77.
- Griesinger G, Diedrich K, Tarlatzis BC, Kolibianakis EM. GnRH-antagonists in ovarian stimulation for IVF in patients with poor response to gonadotrophins, polycystic ovary syndrome, and risk of ovarian hyperstimulation: a meta-analysis. Reprod Biomed Online. 2006;13:628-38.
- Hryshchenko MH, Lutsʹkyy AS, Parashchuk VY. Otsinka efektyvnosti ekstrakorporalʹnoho zaplidnennya pislya perenesennya vitryfikovanykh blastotsyst u pryrodnomu tsykli ta iz zastosuvannyam zamisnoyi hormonalʹnoyi terapiyi. Mizhnarodnyy medychnyy zhurnal. 2017;4:42-6. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 238-245 pages, index UDK 618.2-059:618.11-006.2:618.177-089.888.11